The Kill Switch is a strong defence mechanism that immediately suspends your YouTrip account.
If you suspect that your phone or YouTrip account has been compromised, you may activate the Kill Switch by calling our Customer Service team at +65 6904 9334.
Once the Kill Switch is activated:
- Your account will be suspended. All parties, including you will be completely cut off from all YouTrip app access and logins.
- Both of your physical and virtual cards will be suspended. This means that new offline and online transactions, including Apple Pay or Google Pay transactions, will not be allowed.
- All other transactions will be declined, including YouTrip Send (both sending and receiving) and top-up.
Additional Information on the Kill Switch:
- The Kill Switch prevents new unauthorised transactions but will not be able to reverse any transactions which have already been authorised. If you currently suspect any see fraudulent transactions on your account, please find more information on next steps.
- The Kill Switch is reversible. If you wish to reinstate your account after you are confident that any account compromise has been resolved, please reach out at +65 6904 9334.
- Any refund or reversal will still be processed as usual. However, you will not have access to the funds for spending until the account is reinstated and you can use your YouTrip card again.